While I do understand that the DS games can't be as grand as the wii versions & that the series is aimed predominantly at an audience younger than I, this game was just disappointing. I've played MySims Kingdom & MySims Agents for the wii & liked both of them. There's just something about the Sims franchise that makes these games addicting. While a spark of that exists in this game, it really was more of a chore & a disappointment than anything else.
While the wii version (which I also have & plan to play) is supposed to have you forming your own city, the main gist of the DS version is that you have to help give a boost to a resort town that's seen better days. As you play & progress, you'll unlock more shops, more sports & more people will visit your town.
This might seem interesting at first until you realize exactly how much repetition is required to really get the most out of everything. You can get through the game without stopping for the smaller bits like talking to all of your city's guests. The mini-games are interesting, but eventually those just get a little too dull to keep playing. If there was less dialogue in the game I'd just assume that it is because the game designers want to make the game easier for younger audiences, but younger gamers will get frustrated at the amount of reading & the older readers will be frustrated at how slow the game is. This was just a lackluster entry into the Sims franchise- this could have been done a LOT better than it was.
This is a definite rental game. I don't recommend buying it unless you plan on passing it along to someone else or just to complete your MySims collection. I purchased this used at my local GameStop & I really feel that my money would have been better spent on something else. This was fun enough for about a week, but not really beyond that.
(121 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0
More Detail For MySims
- Build and Customize an Entire Town-Your town is your own unique creation, from the flower shop to the mad scientist’s laboratory and beyond.
- Shape the Community-It’s your call who lives there and who moves out! Who will you befriend? Who will you ignore?
- Get to Know Your Town-Socialize with the locals and uncover all sorts of useful or surprising treasures hidden throughout the town.
- Create Your Own Sim-It’s a cinch to personalize your Sim’s appearance from head to toe with the Wii and DS controls. Unlock cool new clothing and accessories as you befriend the neighbors.
- Design Your Own Stuff-Decorate with your very own furniture and accessories, then customize your creations with things you can grow, harvest, or discover around town.
Samsung NB30 10.1 Inch Black Netbook 6.5 Hour Battery Life
Wii Bowling Ball
Lexmark Multifunction Inkjet Printer 21A0500
HP DeskJet 5550 Inkjet Printer
Dell Inspiron iM1012 799IBU Mini 1012 10.1 Inch Netbook Ice Blue
Canon PIXMA MX7600 Office All in One Printer
HP PhotoSmart 130 Inkjet Printer
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Genuine IJR Performance Plus Remanufactured High Yield Dell MK992 Series 9 Black in Retail Packaging
Epson Stylus Photo R200 Ink Jet Printer C11C546011
HP Officejet 6000 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer C9295A B1H