This game, I think, represents a step foreward for sonic in giving people what they want: speed. It is almost ironic that he did this on a hoverboard, and not on loop-the loops while running somewhere. Why does the fastest creature alive need a hoverboard? For a fresh challenge, and so his friends can join!
Introduction aside, I'll get to the pro's and con's of this game, listed from most glaring and blatant to least.
1. graphics. Sonic has always been known dazzling and immersive graphics.
2. Speed. After the too-slow gameplay of a Sonic Unleashed night level and black knight normal level, this is something Sonic really needs: a game that's fast throughout.
3. The gang's all here. Including Silver, my favorite character from the mythos. You'll also find even more elusive characters here: Cream the Rabbit and Rouge the Rat to name two more.
4. Well balanced. At least I think so. I haven't found any gear that's distinguishingly better than all the rest.
1. internet multiplayer. As other reveiwers have remarked, you can't play against other people, but you can download their ghosts to race against. The problem? The game told me I ranked in top 8. Top 8 of what? definetely not the world. I'm far from that.
2. storyline. The storyline is good, but it's very hard to integrate into a racing game. The result? corrupted security robots chase you in three laps around some racecourse before you "get away" or "get caught". Still, though, it's not a big problem- to the point where I'm tempted to list this as a pro for the story itself being so good .
3. frustrating. Perhaps it's just that it's so confusing, but this game can get frustrating as you wonder how to get to that top level after a good jump like everybody else does. It's probably only a problem for me though.
4.voice acting. Really not a big problem, but when characters sound overly or insufficiently emphatic as they trash-talk each other, it can remind you you're playing a video game, not racing a flying skateboard.
In addition, I want to say that I respectfully disagree with the popular viewpoint that this game is too similar to Mario Kart. Here's why:
1. speed. In Mario Kart, the vehicles just never go fast. Sonic riders ZG isn't reflex-testing like a lot of speed racing games, but the immersive graphics coupled with the speed help to make you feel like you ARE going about 290 mph.
2. items. Mario kart is largely item based, a lot of its fun being based around getting and using items. Also, those who lag behind the pack get better items. Neither is true for Sonic's answer to Mario Kart, which I like.
3. character design. Characters are not overly expressive in doing things in SRZG like they are in Mario Kart. In Mario Kart, your character will take both hands off the wheel to celebrate hitting a rival with an item. I think that in SRZG, characters react to situations with realistic emphasis.
4. attatude. Sonic has always had the coolness factor that Mario didn't. This is amplified when you go from fast hedgehog vs. upbeat plumber to hoverboarding vs. go karting.
In conclusion, you'll like this game if you like Sonic, speed, futurism, and are okay with steep learning cuves.
(28 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=3.5 / 5.0
More Detail For Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
- Rack up Gravity Points through tricks and technical challenges and enter a zero-gravity environment with new Sonic abilities, like Gravity Control and Gravity Dive
- You can switch up your vehicles, even in mid-race, to best suit your racing style. Transformations include a hover board, motorcycle and futuristic hovercraft, plus multiple options for upgrading ensure that no two vehicles will be the same. Depending on the vehicle upgrade, hidden routes may be uncovered, such as gliding on the air at the bottom of a valley, or riding through thick walls. Now, whether the terrain is waterway, highway or jungle, the action never slows down!
- You can now air board on walls and pull gravity-defying tricks and even grind on cars that are floating in the zero-gravity environment. With these new moves, cornering becomes more intense and the pace is brought to heart-stopping speeds!
- Three fast, fierce, and fun Multiplayer modes
- ESRB Rated E for Everyone
Casio Exilim EX S5 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD Pink
HP Business Inkjet 2800 Wide Format Printer C8174A A2L
Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga
HP Officejet H470wbt Mobile Printer Printer color ink jet Legal 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi up to 22 ppm mono up to 18 ppm color capacity 50 sheets USB Bluetooth
Wii Game Disc Stand
Wii Billards Cue Sticks Set
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Epson PictureMate Show Digital Frame and Photo Printer C11CA54203
Miele S5580 Aquarius Canister Vacuum Cleaner with SEB 217
Canon Pixma iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer 1855B002
HP Officejet J5780 All in One Printer Fax Scanner Copier Q8232A ABA
Oki C6050N LED Printer
Wii Riiser Aerobic Step for the Wii Fit Balance Board