In light of all the great 2D platformers of the SNES/Playstation/Genesis era, I simply could not recommend a game with such low production values. I know this game is just a remake of an NES game, but this would have made a better downloadable game for $10 then a more full-priced retail game. Broken down:
Graphics - Looks great...for an SNES game. But that was 15 years ago, and this game brings nothing new to the table visually and doesn't even come close to what one expects of a current generation title.
Music - Incredibly repetitive. The tunes are not memorable and the same song will play for several stages in a row so you are left listening to the same tune for hours.
Plot - What plot? Not like a platformer needs one, but it still would have been nice to at least have a little character development. Title says it all.
Controls and Gameplay - Very easy and intuitive, you just toss jellybeans around to turn your blob into tools and then solve simple puzzles. I barely ever got stuck in the game and you have unlimited lives and tons of checkpoints throughout a level so frustration stays at a minimum--except on the challenge levels, those are a whole other story. The game description says there are 80 levels but its really more like 40 with another 40 short challenge levels you can unlock for collecting all 3 treasure chests in a level. I barely coaxed myself to finish the game, but only so I could hurry up and sell it. I would never play this game again. Far too boring.
(37 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0
More Detail For A Boy and His Blob
- 40 additional challenge levels will put your skills to the ultimate challenge.
- Experience the heartwarming story through an all-new, hand-drawn and animated presentation designed exclusively for Wii.
- Teamwork is key: the boy has limited movement and strength, so you must use your blob friend to transform into useful objects to get to things or places the boy cannot access alone.
- Transform the blob into 15 useful items by feeding him jelly beans such as the all-new Caramel Cannon and Bubble Gum Bouncer and classic beans like the Licorice Ladder, Apple Jack and Tangerine Trampoline.
- Travel through the Blobolonian Outskirts to the Emperor's Citadel in four breathtaking worlds featuring 40 levels filled with hidden treasures.
Canon PIXMA iP2702 Inkjet Photo Printer 4103B002 with PP 201 Photo Paper
Rockband Rubber Tip Drum Sticks Yellow Flames
Genuine IJR Performance Plus Remanufactured 2 Color 18C0190 in pictured blue and orange retail box.
Epson Stylus R320 Photo Inkjet Printer
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Kodak EasyShare C913 9.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom Silver
Lexmark Z1300 Single Function Color Inkjet Printer
Data East Arcade Classics
Moab Desert Varnish Archival Digital Print Protection Spray 13.5oz Can.
Medal of Honor Vanguard
HP PhotoSmart 100 Portable Inkjet Printer
New Play Control Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Sega Bass Fishing