I purchased Deca Sports 2 primarily because I practice kendo, and was interested to see if the game could capture some of the excitement of the sport. It exceeded my expectations in every way. The controls were intuitive and even modestly realistic (within reason for what one can hope for in a video game). The tactics of the game also were surprisingly accurate to real life (for example, the kote-men combination attacks, and the jodan/chudan stances). Movement of the kenshi was the most pleasant surprise - I half-expected to see the characters running at full sprint towards each other; instead they correctly step and lunge.) The end result is an experience that doesn't leave one saying "that's not what kendo is really like" - and yet, it was still easy to learn and execute the movements. If I had to say one negative thing, it would be that movement is linear between the two players, rather than some circling. But that is a minor complaint, and does not detract from the fun of the game.
The experience got better from there. The tournament and challenge game modes add variety and keep the game from losing its appeal. Designing your own team is also fun, and the option to play multiplayer online ensures day after day of fun from this game.
I chose to focus this review on one particular sport (of the 10 total on the disc) because I suspect that, like myself, most people interested in this game will have two or three sports that they like best, and rarely if ever touch the others. For me, that was Kendo, Mogul Skiing, and Road Racing (plus Tennis, though a tennis game comes with the Wii console). Odds are high that at least one of the three iterations of Deca Sports published on the Wii will have a sport that appeals to you. If so, I highly recommend them.
(16 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=3.0 / 5.0
More Detail For Deca Sports 2
- Demonstrate your skills in a new lineup of 10 challenging sports, including ice hockey, dodgeball, tennis, darts, speed skating, mogul skiing, petanque, kendo, motorcycle road racing and synchronized swimming
- Learn about the games and get in valuable practice time in Tutorial mode
- Create your own custom team, complete with names, colors, emblems, looks and sporting emblems, with the new team editor
- Become a solo star with the Open Match (one game in one sport), Tournament (one sport, bracket-style), Challenge (complete a specified goal in a sport) or Deca League (vs. four teams in all 10 sports) options
- Compete with friends and family in Open Match, Vs. and Tournament modes
Kodak EasyShare M863 8.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom Red
Okidata ML186 Impact Printer Parallel USB
Wii Thrustmaster Motion Plus Tennis Duo Pack NW
Polaroid PoGo Instant Mobile Printer Black with 80pk of Zink Paper
Canon PowerShot SD600 6MP Digital Elph Camera with 3x Optical Zoom
Fujifilm FinePix J250W 10MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Optical Zoom
HP PhotoSmart 7150 Inkjet Printer
HP OfficeJet 4110 Multifunction
Epson PictureMate Show Digital Frame and Photo Printer C11CA54203
Epson Stylus NX510 USB 2.0 PictBridge Ethernet 802.11g Wireless Scanner Copier Photo Printer w Card Reader 2.5 LCD
HP OfficeJet 4110 Multifunction
Wii Activ3 Workout Kit
Canon PIXMA iP6210D Photo Printer