วันจันทร์ที่ 6 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2553

** Jeep Thrills



I'm a gamer, but I'm also a Jeep enthusiast. I own a real Jeep Wrangler, so I couldn't resist trying this game out. I was mainly interested in the selection of Jeep models to choose from. When I received the game in the mail I popped it in my PS2 and let her run. You start off with a few different vehicles while all the others are locked. What I found silly is that two-player racing is an unlockable, and that seems silly to me. It should be available from the start. Instead, it forces players to do single modes before two friends can race together.

So, after I tore up some races with the Jeep Gladiator, I decided to go exploring. You can go off road on some of the maps, which is neat but not conducive to winning races. You have boosters to speed up, or in my case speed up and crash. I'm one of those people that enjoy crashing and seeing how many different ways there are to flip a vehicle. In this game, there are some surprising crashes to pull off. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm happy to say I've enjoyed what this PlayStation 2 game has given me.



Regarding the controls:

They are simple and not overly challenging. Children should be able to easily grasp what does what. I personally try things first and then read the directions if I become lost. I didn't need to read the directions so I'll say it is a low difficulty.

I enjoy testing games and finding glitches, and so far I've only found one. It's a fairly common glitch and I've seen it in many other games. I was Jeepin' along when my vehicle decided to freeze in place. The music and sound effects continued, but I wasn't going anywhere. I had to restart the game. No big deal, I wasn't playing to win that time anyway.



Other:

You can choose the color of your vehicle.

Statistics of the vehicle are displayed (acceleration, handling, boost, ect.) so you can choose a vehicle better suited to a particular terrain.

The more you crash = more damage caused to your vehicle.

The more you play, the more you unlock.

Certain races were a real challenge. Eventually I was convinced to try a vehicle other than the Gladiator or Wrangler.

Don't expect to use boosters from a dead stop to get going. It doesn't work, at least not for me.

This is a PS2 game, and since the world is currently into the PS3 and Xbox 360, you can't logically expect much for graphics. For what it is and its age, they are... well let's be honest... not that great. The game was supposedly released in 2008. I'd expect better for a PS2 game released in '08.



Overall:

The real fun of this game is getting to race your favorite Jeeps as well as concept Jeeps. Hardcore racing game fans will find little to nothing of interest in this game.


(22 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=3.0 / 5.0


More Detail For Jeep Thrills


  • 18 Customizable Jeep vehicles - including futuristic concept cars!
  • 35 intense tracks - with one main objective: Conquering the terrain and the elements and owning the planet!

Interesting Products
Kodak EasyShare M380 Digital Camera Red


HP Photosmart 8050 Printer Q6351A ABA
Drawn to Life The Next Chapter
HP PhotoSmart A532 Compact Photo Printer Printer color ink jet 3.95 in x 5.9 in 5.12 in x 7.1 in 600 dpi up to 3.7 prints min color capacity 20 sheets USB
Canon PIXMA iP4000 Photo Printer
Hewlett Packard CP1700D InkJet Printer
EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis
SP542 Receipt Printer
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex
Hewlett Packard CP1700D InkJet Printer
HP PhotoSmart A717 Printer color ink jet 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi capacity 20 sheets USB
Lexmark X2350 All in One 23A0000
Casio Exilim EX S5 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD Black

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น