I'll preface by saying I prefer the side-scroller Metroid over first-person shooter Metroid, but this feels like a suitable marriage of the two. Alternating between control schemes can be a little hectic, but it's a quick learning curve.
+ Solid controls
+ Better-than-average graphics
+ Old-school Metroid exploration and enemies
+ Just needs a wiimote (no nunchuck add-ons, etc)
- Samus' inner monologue has a lot of daddy issues for an intergalatic hunter. It doesn't fit her usual M.O.
- "Samus in the army feels" weird, especially when you have to wait for permission to use a grappling hook.
- The wiimote-flipping takes a half-second to register, which can be a bit nerve-wracking during boss battles
All said, it's not without flaws, but they're minor and only come up in specific instances. This is the first Metroid game I've played in years that feels like a proper Metroid, rather than some Halo clone. I understand there's an audience for those, so if Nintendo goes that route I don't blame them. But it's nice to have classic Metroid back this time around.
(56 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=3.5 / 5.0
More Detail For Metroid Other M
- Metroid - Other M takes the best elements of 1st-person and 3rd-person gaming to create a seamless blend between game play, story-telling and dynamic cinematography, that feels like a movie you can control; you can hold the Wii Remote controller sideways while navigating and battling in 3rd-person; however, at any moment, you can switch immediately to Wii Remote pointer controls to examine and explore the environments in 1st-person perspective
- Metroid fans know more about Samus' suits and weapons than they do about what drives her; that's about to change, the story begins immediately following the events of Super Metroid, when a baby Metroid gave its life to protect Samus, with voice acting and a rich story, you will learn the engaging back-story of Samus as she weaves through an action-packed adventure aboard the Bottle Ship, a decommissioned space facility; as she hurtles into this new adventure, Samus will encounter her first men
- The development of Metroid - Other M is an exciting collaboration between Nintendo's Yoshio Sakamoto and Team Ninja; Sakamoto was the director of Super Metroid in 1994; Team Ninja is the renowned action developer of Ninja Gaiden. Metroid - Other M pairs Sakamoto's expert level design and exploratory focus of the classic Metroid series with Team Ninja's signature stylish, no-holds-barred action
Canon Pixma iP3500 Photo Printer 2170B002
Hoover Platinum Cyclonic Canister Vacuum with Power Nozzle Bagless S3865
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII
Dora the Explorer Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom
James Bond 007 Quantum of Solace
Jurassic The Hunted
Fujifilm FinePix Z30 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom Orange
Kodak EasyShare M340 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD Green
iRobot Scooba 350 Floor Washing Robot
Canon CP 200 Photo Printer
HP DeskJet 5650 Color Inkjet Printer
Fujifilm Finepix Z37 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD Purple
Rock Band Triple Tree Guitar Stand